How Can I Become a Core Transformation Trainer?
Many capable and warm-hearted individuals are attracted to offering this life-transforming work to others. Here are the steps to having the skills so that you can offer Core Transformation to others in a high quality way.
*First take the Steps to Become a Core Transformation Certified Coach…
Our Core Transformation Certified Coach Training involves three steps. Each step is profoundly beneficial in itself, and builds toward your Core Transformation Coach Certification.
Step 1) Attend a Core Transformation 3-Day Training (“in person” or video)
You can either attend an “in person” training, or get the video 3-day course with Tamara Andreas, co-author of the Core Transformation book, and international Trainer. This will give you personal experience with all the phases of Core Transformation.
Step 2) Attend the Advanced Core Transformation Training – Live Online
Our new “live online” training format means you can get in-depth experiential training, from anywhere in the world. Learn how to deal with the major challenges in Core Transformation work, and much more.
Step 3) Attend the Core Transformation Coach Certification Training – Live Online
This course is rich with practice, and three levels of feedback and suggestions to improve and broaden your skill. You’ll learn how to work with a client over time with Core Transformation, and much more. Now you’ll have the skills to use Core Transformation with a wide range of clients and situations. You’ll have the confidence in your individual work.
Make Use of Core Transformation Resources
Be sure to read the book, Core Transformation. You can also benefit from our video learning materials. You’ll find them listed on this site. These will enrich your learning.
You may decide your best role is as a Core Transformation Coach. If you’d like to become a Trainer, here are the steps…
**The Trainer Pathway
After becoming Certified as a Core Transformation Coach, you’re ready for the extra steps to become an excellent Core Transformation Trainer. Here’s what we recommend. (Note: We plan to develop a special Core Transformation Trainer Training within the next several years. For now, these are the steps.)
There are two Pathways to choose from in offering Core Transformation Trainings:
1) Become licensed to use the Core Transformation Trainer Materials Packet.
This Training Package from Connirae and Tamara Andreas gives you all the resources you need to support you in providing this workshop in a high-quality way. With this license, you will have the rights to use our successful training design, our detailed Trainer Manual, Participant Notes (in convenient PDF form), and our Assistant Manual. You also receive example CDs of Connirae’s Trainings (divided into easy-to-use tracks with commentary), a Sample Free Presentation, and more. CLICK HERE for detailed information.
*We encourage all licensed CT Trainers to take as many of the steps listed below under “Becoming Your Best as Trainer and Guide”, as you are able.
2) Become a member of the Core Transformation Trainers’ Association.
CTTA Trainers are all endorsed by this Association, having completed an extensive mentorship and review process. Most have worked personally with Connirae and/or Tamara Andreas. We’ve listed the steps below, for how to become a member of the CTTA, and gain this endorsement. Because we recognize that it is not possible for every trainer to work directly with the CTTA Mentorship Team, particularly international trainers, we are making the Core Transformation Trainer Materials Packet available to other trainers interested in presenting this material. (See #1 above.)
BECOMING YOUR BEST AS TRAINER AND GUIDE:
Here are the steps we recommend for becoming your best as a trainer and guide. These recommendations apply both to Trainers getting the Trainer Materials Packet (#1 above), and to those also embarking upon the Mentorship process to join the CTTA (#2 above). You will find each step personally rewarding, in addition to building your trainer skills.
FIRST STEP: GAIN EXPERIENCE WITH Core Transformation:
- Attend a CT training as a participant, to gain live experience with the process.
- Next, arrange to be an assistant to the CT trainer at several future workshops. This will build your skill in doing CT and knowledge of how to teach it.
This is the most important part of becoming a good CT Trainer. If no CT seminar is scheduled in your area, you may want to sponsor one yourself. A small seminar can be easy to organize, and gives you a way to get trainer “coaching” with the opportunity to earn something for your time.
We strongly recommend that you assist at least two of our most experienced Core Transformation Trainers. This will give you direct experience of two excellent styles. Attending live trainings is the easiest way to absorb a great deal of information and skill. Then, as you begin teaching yourself, you will find your own style of presenting this work.
*NOTE: If attending a live CT workshop is not possible for you, we recommend experiencing the complete training on DVD through Tamara Andreas’ “Core Transformation–the Full 3-Day Workshop.”
OTHER RECOMMENDED STEPS:
We find that the following experiences also enrich training ability:
- Practice CT with yourself. Use CT with your own inner parts on a regular basis. We suggest 50-100 times, over a comfortable period of time. Doing this will mean your unconscious will be thoroughly familiar with CT, and the process will be transmitted to your participants more easily. (Note: At times you may want to do just Phase 1 of the entire CT process.)
- Participate in NLP or Other experiential training. Most of our trainers are NLP Master Practitioners or Trainers. We strongly recommend this training background. It offers a range of skill that makes a difference in everything else you do. Another kind of experiential personal-development training may also provide you with a similar base. See our Links page for a listing of NLP Institutes run by the CTTA Trainers. NLP Trainings vary considerably in quality and style. We encourage you to work with NLP Trainers who have a high level of training ability, and who also have values consistent with the Core Transformation work. We also recommend a longer and more in-depth training program. In recent years there has been a trend to shorten NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner Trainings such that some are as short as 2 days! While we can understand the marketing advantage of doing this, it is not possible to learn the full range of NLP skills, perceptions, etc. in this length of time.
- Gain Experience with Client Work. Core Transformation is perhaps the safest and most gentle process you could guide a person through. However, in the event of any challenges, you will want to have experience with how to skillfully guide to a positive completion. One-on-one counseling experience will help you with this..
- Core Transformation Trainer Materials Packet. This information-rich packet has been specially designed to meet the needs of Core Transformation Trainers. These trainer materials will save you hours of planning and help your trainings go smoothly from the beginning. Click here for detailed information.
WHEN DO I BEGIN TEACHING?
The decision about when you are ready to begin is very individual. We encourage you to discuss this with the CT Trainer with whom you have worked most closely. You don’t need to wait to have completed all of the steps above to begin your teaching. If you are an experienced trainer, you may be more than ready already. (**Please note that this is experiential training. Experience with informational or other types of training is different.)
If CT is the first material you have offered in a workshop, we encourage you to begin with a small group of 4-6 participants. When you have successfully taught several small groups, you will probably feel ready to teach larger groups (and to coordinate the assistant teams necessary for a larger group). We encourage you to have a “back-up.” Know where to refer any participants you feel need more one-on-one assistance.
You can arrange to receive individual coaching from any of the CTTA trainers. The easiest way to learn the most from our experienced trainers is to assist at a CT workshop. You’ll learn just by being there, at no extra cost to you. (Each Trainer sets his/her own policies, but Assistants usually attend free. Usually Assistants have already attended the CT workshop at least once as a participant.) Let the trainer know of your interest in developing your trainer skills. We encourage you to assist with at least two of our most experienced CT trainers, so that you experience several styles.
You can arrange for one of our Trainer Mentors to review a videotape of your training, and offer coaching & suggestions to support you in your trainer development. Contact Marilyn Sargent or Tamara Andreas to make arrangements and find out fees.
HOW CAN I JOIN THE CORE TRANSFORMATION TRAINERS ASSOCIATION?
CTTA Trainers are all highly-skilled and heartful people who are dedicated to sharing this work with others in a way that matches the quality of the work itself. If you want to be endorsed as a CTTA trainer, work with this training team, and have the benefits of networking together, apply through the steps below.
Our Trainer Pathway is designed to support you in becoming an excellent CT Trainer, and to let us know you and your ability. We believe that each step to becoming an endorsed trainer in CTTA will also be enriching for you. We encourage you to become a member of CTTA if you find that the steps are valuable for your own growth as a trainer.
We expect CTTA Trainers to complete most or all of the following steps. Our intention is to have a team of highly-qualified trainers. If you can demonstrate that you meet our criteria in some other way, (for example if you are already an experienced trainer), you may not need to go through a given step.
Usual CTTA Trainer Pathway Steps:
Note: You may follow these steps in a different order. Some steps are not relevant for all CT Trainers.
- Participant in Core Transformation Workshop
- Assist at Core Transformation Workshop
- Attend other Experiential Personal Growth Training: (i.e. NLP Practitioner & Master Practitioner)
- Personal Practice with Core Transformation
- We recommend the Core Transformation Trainer Materials Packet for everyone teaching this material.
- Give short presentation on Core Transformation
- Attend Core Transformation Trainer Training.
- Teach Core Transformation Workshop
- Video Review of your CT presentation or Workshop by a CT Trainer Mentor
TO APPLY: We ask you to fill out an application form that includes information about your training background. Send this, along with a $125 application fee, to Connirae Andreas, c/o Real People Press, 1221 Left Hand Canyon Dr., Boulder, CO 80302. Click here to download application form. Questions? e-mail [email protected]
Your application fee will cover the CTTA Mentor’s review of your application and a phone consultation with you about how to best develop your trainer skills, and your recommended next steps in becoming an endorsed member. We encourage you to complete a minimum of the first two steps above before applying.
If/when you can demonstrate that you meet our criteria for excellent training, our Trainer Mentors will invite you to become a member of CTTA. It is easiest for us to know about you and your work if you have worked closely with our trainers. To invite you to join, we need to know you and your work well enough to endorse you.
Two keys to completing this process are:
- Assisting with our CT Trainers and at least one of our CT Trainer Mentors. We encourage you to begin your CT Training with any of our trainers. They are all excellent. Since Tamara Andreas and Marilyn Sargent are currently working most closely with the mentor process, they will usually be the ones to do the final video review. They will offer you suggestions and helpful hints to support your training goals, and assess whether they have enough indication that you are ready to join the CTTA. (Assisting is a way to develop your skills at no extra cost to you).
- Video Review. You can arrange to have your CT training videos reviewed by one of our Trainer Mentors. You can expect this to be a valuable experience in honing your trainer skills, plus this contact allows us to get to know you and your abilities. (Mentors charge an hourly rate for DVD Review.)
OUR CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE:
CTTA trainers strive to embody the principles in Core Transformation as well as offer quality training experiences. We hope this list gives you a picture of the goals we strive to meet:
- Personal congruence.
- Personal experience with accessing ones own Core States.
- A high level of personal development skills, including:
Ability to establish trust and rapport at the unconscious level
Respect for personal ecology for each participant
Facility with core transformation, aligning perceptual positions, and parental timeline processes
Flexibility–ability to use multiple approaches to reach goals in training and client work
Precision with language, and awareness of subtle impact of language choice
Deep embodiment of the NLP Presuppositions
- Desire to acknowledge and work with one’s ego and other personal issues. Those of us interested in being trainers often have issues about being in front of a group. Explicitly examining our own issues around this and working with them is important in congruently presenting this material.
- Adhering to or exceeding generally accepted standards for ethical, moral, and professional conduct, including:
- Being reliable and prompt for appointments
- Returning phone calls in a timely manner
- Upholding the code of ethics regarding personal involvement with clients
- Maintaining positive, healthy rapport and relationships with clients and workshop participants
- Honesty and integrity
- Meeting general presentation skill standards, including:
- Outcome tracking
- Precision–economy of movement
- Managing group states–interest, motivation, safety and enthusiasm
Using demonstrations to provide a model of what to do
- Ensuring that each participant gets benefit
- Honoring each participant
- Using effective examples
- Providing a model of and inspiration for using CT in a ongoing way
- Being open to feedback from group and peers and using it when appropriate
- Utilization skills–ability to help each participant use whatever happens as a next step for their evolution
- Ability to work with others in the CTTA in a cooperative way
You can join the CTTA at different levels. Moving to the next level usually happens through acquiring additional teaching experience with CT, and demonstrating greater depth through video review and favorable participant feedback.
Trainer Intern: New trainers with little or no experience teaching seminars join as Trainer Interns.
Associate Trainer: An Associate Trainer usually has considerable experience with training, and/or with training CT. Associate Trainers have met most or all of the training criteria listed above, plus have successfully completed a video review. At this level you can choose to list your trainings on the CTTA web site as a CTTA Trainer.
Trainer: After teaching CT for several years, the experienced Associate Trainer may choose to have another video review to become a member at the Trainer level.
Senior Trainers: Usually have additional years of teaching experience, and have achieved a high level of depth and ability.
Trainer Mentors: Are Senior Trainers who are devoting some of their time to developing the CT Training Team by coaching others and doing video reviews.
Note: Our intention is to support each other in becoming increasingly skilled, heartful, and effective in sharing this work with others. We recognize that a “level” such as those listed above can never be a complete picture. Doing what you feel fits for your own development as a person and trainer is more important than being at any particular level. While having a video review is the main practical way we have found to “graduate” someone to the next level, we encourage trainers to take these steps only if they find the video review a worthwhile experience in itself.